WBNS is owned by the same company that owns the Columbus Dispatch, which endorsed John McCain for President on Sunday.
Here is a video from their late news about the day in the election. John McCain was in Westerville, a suburb of Columbus.
A big bag of candy to people who can tell what is wrong with the report:
In case you can’t or don’t want to see the video here are the things that are wrong in the news report:
1. Gave McCain a couple of minutes to express his talking points. They were not based on any truth – like saying Obama’s tax plan is a give away like his plan isn’t or that Obama’s “share the wealth” comment was meant to give away people’s money – it wasn’t. The news report didn’t challenge any of the talking points.
2. McCain said it was a dead heat even though Obama has a slight lead in Ohio it isn’t a dead heat in the rest of the country.
3. The video showing the women marching to Vets Memorial to vote failed to show the size of the crowd while there were many crowd shots of the McCain rally.
4. The part on Obama in NC failed to let him speak. *To me this is the HUGE diss to Obama* so much for equal time.
5. Later in the newscast (not on the video I have) the anchor told about Powell’s endorsement but didn’t once allow Powell to explain why – the piece only had Powell explaining why he still supported going to war in Iraq – which happens to be McCain’s position.
This isn’t the first time WBNS has been “in the tank” for McCain. During the primary season when McCain was heckled about the war at a rally, the talking heads never once mentioned what the protests were about. I sent an e-mail to the news director and he said I was right they should have mentioned why he was heckled.
They have not provided the same amount of coverage for Obama and most of the news stories I’ve seen, Obama never is allowed to speak – the talking heads paraphrase what he says.
Looks like he needs another e-mail about his stations coverage of the campaign.
The news director’s is John Cardenas